Friday, February 13, 2015

An amazing Break up!!!

Four years! Almost four years!! After short stints of 2-5 months, 46 months sounds like an eternity!!! TO be honest It actually dint feel like...




Its been such a wonderful journey, from being absolutely naive at personal conduct to being able to conduct training for Business Analysts! When I had joined Nihilent in 2011 I was clueless about where my career is headed. I let Nihilent handle it for me. My first two projects, .... ... ... lets not talk about them ;)



My first client project was Standard Bank Core Banking Transformation and as usual I was pretty late to join or say reach Onsite. There was just one seat vacant, which was, aaaargghhh, right next to Deepak Prabhu, AVP of the company!!! The crime rate in SA and the super chilling weather was not traumatizing enough that this too had to happen... On Day 1, Deepak tried to rag me by asking me to sing a song in the morning scrum.. The ass I am, I sang the national anthem and everyone had to stand and sing along :) :) :) Deepak turned out to be a fantastic manager with great interpersonal skills. There is always so much to learn from him, and I believe I have become more professional, disciplined and financially poor working with him... (Poor, coz there was R10 fine for breaking any disciplinary rule) There was this great story about some Parsi king he told me that the way sugar dissolves in Milk, the Parsis promised to mix in with the Gujaratis n blah blah blah! Still engraved and fresh!! 3 years down, I am still learning the way he speaks, he explains, the way he studies his subject, the way he keeps his audience gripped.





Post that, its all been Synergy for me. I joined as a BA, and was trying to explore and learn the system through some shitty documentation. The good part was I was working with Neeraj Kashyap, Pradeep and others. Quite patient to work with a new BA and had very low expectations initially. For them, I was more for entertainment purpose than work. Slowly I grew and eventually was of some use to the project. I found great mentors in Neeraj and Karim. They are immensely loved and respected within the team, not just coz they excel at their work, but also coz they are unbelievable characters. Almost every friday night they get drunk with the team, abuse, roast and party!!! It always felt like a huge family being together... Although every weekend there were false promises of letting me come back home, but I would love to have them as my seniors again... Over the period, I got to work with excellent individuals, from Holkar n Pandeys to Prasad Kalyani...






South Africa is a very beautiful place and will always remain very special to me. For giving me some wonderful friends and awesome memories... It was scary but loads of fun and adventure... I was also privileged to commute by a BMW with a Gujju chauffeur (Ujjaval Thakkar)!! Stayed in a huge villa with a big swimming pool and garden from all sides... Got an Audi of my own and clocked my highest speed ever!! Roamed all over SA with my gf for our first unofficial honeymoon... SO much explored, enjoyed true adrenaline rush, checked out the hottest and prettiest chicks, worked with super awesome nicest sweetest and bestest clients, Unbelievable experience!!

Time really well spent!! But, the asset I would treasure the most is the friends that I made!!!






My darling Thakkar, who never says No, not even for a Marathi movie!!! I am sure I have seen more movies with him, attended more parties with him, and have been on more outings with him than anyone... Lovely time I had with Piyush, Pradnya and Audi!! Maaz guru Holkar and Deshmukh!!! Redefining Casanova, dance king Sumit!!! Gossip queens Roopam and Garima!! The ones who got me addicted to sutta Mukka Aniket and Bondre!!! the coolest calmest and most humble person on the face of this planet, Rahul!!! Sweetness clients Tracey Mel Sandra n everyoneeeee!!! Geek talks with Praneet!!! Every day good morning messages from Roshan... The man with great capability to make numerous false promises and being the awesomest PM - Neeraj!! Great mentors and friends Pradeep Karim Kurush!!! Full on tp public Yogita, Chourdia, Basli, Ashutosh, Nirupama mam, Nihi soccer team, Binpagare and the Testing NSS community, a lot of ppl who left before me, lots of new joinees and loadsa others who made my stay wonderful!!!








Thank you one and all... It was great working with you!






No comments:

Post a Comment