Sunday, July 4, 2010

If it has to happen, its gotto be this way…

Well this story is half true and half imaginary but there are lotsa chances of this whole story coming true.

Sitting in my cabin, just had a small party in the office, today being the day when all the birthdays of the month are celebrated. As its my first month in office, this is my first time. Very shy people having their birthday this month, none of them ready to step ahead and cut the cake…Somehow something happens and the celebrations get done. I am happy seeing the always tensed and silent coders getting their share of fun. My cell rings... landline number, with an unknown STD code…’hello’…’hello da…kaise ho’!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that’s ma MEENU…My lil crazy sweet and the most loving sister...One of the closest to my heart coz I see a lot of myself in her… She is in the Defence Academy where even having a cell is not allowed… Her call was a big surprise…’How are you?? Where are ya?? How come you called?? How is it going???’ n barged her with too many questions... Too happy… Good news in the office too, someone just stepped in my cabin –‘mandar sir, we are done with all the tasks!!’ Oh ya finally a software company thats meeting its deadlines…

Ready to leave for home, all set… Music on and m off on my bike… On ma way I see a couple, both aged 70-80yrs, holding hands and walking… Brought a real big happy smile on ma face...few kms ahead I saw a bunch of kids, fully drenched, playing footy in mud…really ignited a spark within…time for a puff…Blowing away the bad incidents of life with the smoke, I moved onto the NH-4 highway… Right music for the right time, the song changed on my MP3… The next track is ‘give me freedom, give me fire’!! fullon fullon fullon excited! Happy! Feeling the adrenaline rush now!!! I accelerated to the max…thinking about messi, kaka, gerrard...wow!! My bike is real good n strong still… A stupid driver of a car driving at 91kph trying to overtake another car being driven at 90kph…Oh I hate these slow overtakes… But there is no space for me to go thru…Oh yes may be I have… Moving onto the centre line, full throttle and zzzzzzrrrrr oooopsey may be my left hand will hit the side mirror, it goes off the handle, more focus on the right and yes I am through…a few kms ahead, another car is not letting me go thru...i somehow manage to move onto the parallel track...both speeding away... zoooiinnnnngggg thru the wind I am racing with a powerful car now… we are on parallel tracks… I don’t slow down my bike but the car does, it had to, there is a city road crossing a few hundred meters ahead…I can cut through the traffic with my slim n less dangerous vehicle… fuck!!! A kid just left his moms hand and is running across the street… damn, instant reaction - take the rightmost track…aaarrgghh!!! wrong decision!!! Some car is waiting to cross the street and is already half way in…olrite, there is no possibility of braking now, its of no use… Close ur eyes and let things happen…

boooommmmm!!! Right leg bangs into the car, fractured - broken - separate, forces me to open ma eyes…rest of the body goes flying off in the air…across the highway… crashes into a truck coming from the opposite direction…sllaaaasshshhh !! on the windshield…body rolls down the face of the truck with one leg missing…truck slows down from 60 to 30kph, eyes slam into the headlights, body clings onto the bumper by the T-shirt… this seems to be the STOP I hope!!! Excruciating pain and very uncomfortable position...Nopsey, this is not the end, my hand just touches the tyres and body gets pulled with great force… Shirt is torn n half hanging on the bumper still… thhhaaddddddd!!! 30 to 0kph… but the body is already rolled over, ribs broken, body blasts and opens up...phhhhaaattt!!!! That’s the end of Maddy… If its ever to happen, its gotto happen this way…fast, too fast and fullstop…

1 comment:

  1. wat should i say? was so descriptive.. that I actually saw the scene happening !! but i pray this never happens :) warna aagey jaakar kiske blogs padhu??? :)

    ReplyDelete